Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day Three and Day Four

Ahhh how the days are blending together, I am not even sure what day of the week it is or where I am anymore.  The only thing I know is that I get on my bike in the morning and I stop where they tell me.  Yesterday was a tough day for sure.  We rode from Syracuse to Watertown, not too far of a jaunt, but long enough for my tired legs and sore....bottom.  Towards the end I was not sure if I could do it to tell you the truth.  Every muscle on my body was screaming at me, I felt incredibly dehydrated, my belly was rejecting food and I was just spent.  But being the trooper I am, or the stubborn swede that I am, I pulled up the strength and I started pedaling.  I could hear my father in the back of my head telling me to suck it up, and I could also hear my little John telling me, You Got This Mom.  So I popped to ibuprofens and started pedaling.  It was well worth the journey, for at the end of the ride there was my good friend Brian Sayers waiting for me.  He waited three hours he said for me, now that is a good friend.  I will confess though that I was exhausted last night, I felt horrible, as I was talking to my room mate I would completely blank out and loose all train of thought.  Also for the life of me I could not remember the word menthol,   to describe how all the creams smelled that we lathered on our poor sore muscles. 
Today being day four is hump day and recoup day, and it was much appreciated.  We had a short 28 mile ride to the border crossing in which we rode a ferry across and then a nice 7 mile ride on the island followed by another ferry ride.  As we rode into Kingston people honked at us, rang bells or just stood on the sidewalk and waved or clapped for us.  It was such an incredible warm welcome, they are proud of their town and were more than happy to welcome us to it.  Today we had no other schedule, what a wonderful feeling that was, to be able to do whatever you want, and Kingston is a wonderful City to have a free day.  It is absolutely beautiful, the old buildings and alley ways are breath taking.  Below are a few shots I took tonight. They also have incredible restaurants and pubs, there is nothing more yummy than a cold guiness for a very sore body. 
So my lesson for the last two days is this, enjoy the moment, relax and just go where you feel you should be at the moment.  My intention for today was to go sit at the park and read or write, but instead I enjoyed a Guinness with some new friends and ended the day having ice cream with other new friends.  All in all I would say it was a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment